Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Socks and Summer

Two more pairs of socks are finished.



The first are socks for my 6-year old. (I hope his feet won't grow a lot by winter that they won't fit anymore).
They are knitted in Opal sockyarn in the colorway 'Tiger'.



The second pair was meant for myself but even as I was knitting them I noticed that they were turning out too small, I should have cast on more stitches, especially since I have a lot of yarn left over. I didn't want to rip them, though, and so they might go to my mom. The yarn is probably Online. I had bought the yarn 2 years ago in Germany and the ballband was off and gone when I started knitting them a few weeks ago. My almost 2-year old likes to visit my "yarn store" and shop.

I like summer cooking with fresh vegetables and herbs from the garden. Last night it was pasta with fresh tomato and basil sauce and a green bean salad.


1 comment:

La Cabeza Grande said...

Yummy socks AND veggies! I have a small garden space but bunnies and squirrels present a bit of a problem :o)